Sunday, June 7, 2009

Life is Good-Dottie's World Challenge








So this is my second Dotties World Challenge designer card....and I must admit I almost didn't get it done in time! Our house was the sick house this past week. My daughter was sick first and then she gave it to my son and then I got sick! Oh yikes! It was bad. So I was struggling trying to get my card done and submitted by the deadline. 
Anywho, I not to worry-I got it done and submitted on time. :o)
This weeks Dottie's world challenge was to make holes and do some distressing. Okay distressing-no problem! The holes....now that was a little bit trickier! lol
I used my bazzill stitches template and my eyelet hole punch to make the little flourish designs. Then I used my marker and connected the holes. Voila! Holes. 

Here are the rest of the details for today's card:
Paper is My Mind's Eye-Just Blooms
Image is Holly on the High Street...of course from Dottie's World 
Brads are from my LSS and the ribbon is CTMH
I also added a bit of stickles here and there. I used my CM tag punch to make the tag and the sentiment stamp is CTMH. 
The large chip board flower is also CTMH.
I sponged a bit of CTMH Bamboo ink here and there for some distressing.
It's hard to see but I also used my mini scallop punch by EKSuccess. The scallops have little holes in them...so super cute. 

Just as a side note:
I was actually having some bleeding trouble while trying to color in my image with copics today. Not sure why....maybe it's the weather...it's snowing...yes snowing here today so I was thinking maybe the humidity was effecting my copics....
So I switched from my Wausau bright white cardstock to my Canson Manga cardstock and low and behold it worked awesome! No bleeding at all! And the blending was so flawless! 
So if you are having trouble with bleeding and your digital images-try Canson Magna cardstock. 

Thanks for looking and have a fab Sunday. 

10 comments:

Louly said...

Aw Nicole I'm so sorry to hear you've all been ill. I panicked when I started to read about the bleeding later on- I thought it was something to do withh the illnes!! ROFL. That's great tip though,thank you.
Your card is so pretty, I love the muted colours, it looks really soft and feminine.♥

Karen Mortensen said...

Hope you feel better Nicole.
Lovely card, soft, delicate muted colours, and I love the "holey swirl". Fab! xx

Adele said...

Oh dear, hope you are all feeling better!

LOVE the card, the detail is great and the colours are beautiful!

Love Dingle.xx

Anonymous said...

hiya Nicole sorry to hear that you have all been sick.. you have still managed to make a fantastic card, love the details on this one. hugs rachxx

Sheila said...

Aww Nicole sorry to hear you've been poorly, I hope you start to feel better soon hunny.
Great tho non the less, I love this DP, I just keep stroking mine...lol, I love the holey swirl too like Karen.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Tara said...

So sorry to hear you and your family have been sick Nicole - glad you managed to get your card in on time and it's really beautiful - great ideas for creating the holes! xx

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous card Nicole!! Sorry to hear that you have all been sick, hope everyone is on the mend now!!

Hugs, Kelly

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Nicole,l love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Stacey said...

I LOVE this one! So super pretty and I adore these gorgeous papers.

Sorry I've not been around much lately. I've been crazy busy but have missed seeing your gorgeous creations!

P.S. Thanks for the top tip about the card! ~♥~

Tammi said...

Nicole this is lovely, beautiful details on it! Hope your all feeling better now, the bleeding comment I thought something was really wrong until I read more! :) And snow in June, yikes!! Take care.