Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Owl Greetings


I just love High Hopes...they make the cutest stamps. :O)
Here is Mr.Owl sitting on a branch. I got this image from Kelly-thank you again. 
I'm semi- happy with the end result of this card....It kinda seems to me like the owl is floating in  mid-air....I may try to draw in some leaves next time to make it look like the branch is attached to a tree...but for now I am posting as is. :O) 
The paper is from the newest line by Imaginisce-Twitterpated. It is such a cute line...I just love it!
I used CTMH cranberry and chocolate CS for matting and copics to color in the image. I went back after the copics dried and added some more shading with watercolor pencils. I love my copics but I miss the depth I was able to achieve with watercolors.  I was on the blog: "I Like Markers" and she was saying that you can watercolor over top of copics....so I tried it and it worked so I might start doing a bit more of that now. 
I also used my nesties-oval and rectangle. 
The flowers are from my LSS.
Ribbon and brads are CTMH. 

 TFL>


2 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

It looks great Nicole!! Love that paper too, I just may have to make a trip to my LSS to check it all out!!

Sandra said...

Beautiful Nicole!